Admission RequirementsApril 26, 2023 2023-08-01 19:43
Table of Contents
Admissions Criteria and Requirements
Sattler College seeks applications from students who are academically prepared and missionally driven. Our application process is more rigorous than many colleges and may take 2-3 hours to complete. Each step of the application is designed to facilitate a relationship with you. We want you to get to know us and we want the opportunity to get to know you.
All students applying to study at Sattler College must submit all of the following information to be considered for admissions. All the information can be submitted through your online application portal found at apply.sattler.edu. The online application includes:
- Basic personal information.
- One essay.
- Academic reference and a pastoral reference.
- High school diploma and transcripts or equivalent (e.g. GED).
- Standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, or CLT). We allow you to self-report your test scores and send us your official test scores later. While we make admissions decisions based on self-reported test scores, we require official test scores in order to enroll you in classes.
While we can provide an admissions decision based on copies of test scores or high school transcripts, we require official copies be sent to email@example.com to enroll in classes.
We accept a limited number of transfer credits. Please visit our transfer students page for more information.
Home School Requirements
For home-schooled applicants, an academic portfolio is required and may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Verification that the home school has been recognized by the applicant’s state of residence.
- Detailed outline of the home-school curriculum, including subject areas studied, time spent on each discipline, and, if applicable, grades awarded. A homeschool transcript may fulfill this requirement.
- Résumé of classes taken outside the home.
- If the student took classes offered by a college or university, official transcripts are required.
Standardized Test Scores
Applicants must submit results of standardized tests such as the American College Test (ACT), the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), SAT subject tests, or the Classic Learning Test (CLT). Applicants are urged to apply for and take one of these tests well in advance of the semester for which they seek admission. If an applicant has already completed at least one semester of undergraduate education, the applicant is not required to submit test scores but is strongly urged to do so, especially if seeking financial aid since merit-based aid is calculated on the test score percentile.
Use the following information to submit official test scores to the Admissions office:
- SAT code: 7570
- ACT code: 7938
- CLT: Select Sattler College from CLT’s list of schools.
Verification of Documentation
Sattler College reserves the right to verify all documents submitted in an application for admission. Offers of admission are contingent upon receipt of official documentation. Any falsification of admission documents or portfolio materials constitutes grounds for termination of application procedures or dismissal.