International & Transfer RequirementsApril 26, 2023 2024-02-26 22:40
International & Transfer Requirements
Table of Contents
Sattler College welcomes applications from international students for fall entrance. This page describes the application requirements for international students.
Coming to the United States to study is an exciting possibility. It is important to remember that there are many steps to complete before you can plan your arrival. This page will help you know exactly what steps you will need to complete to be successful. Please remember that some of these steps will take a few weeks or more to complete. In order to allow for appropriate processing time, we require all international applications to be submitted by March 15, 2024.
Below is an overview of the admissions process for international applicants:
- Complete and submit the online application (Apply Now!). The online application will ask you to upload the following:
- Evidence of completing secondary school such as a certificate or diploma or national exam results.
- One application essay.
- College entrance exam results. We accept ACT, SAT, or the Classic Learning Test (CLT).
- English Proficiency Scores. (see below for details)
- Complete an admissions interview (required for all applicants).
Once you’re accepted:
- Pay your Sattler confirmation deposit.
- Submit proof of financial ability and then we will issue your I-20.
- Pay the SEVIS fee.
- Apply for a student visa (F1) and schedule your visa interview.
- When you are issued a student visa, make your travel arrangements.
English Language Requirement
If English was not an official language in your home country and if you have studied at an institution where English is not the primary language of instruction we require you to demonstrate a current level of English proficiency by achieving the required minimum scores on one of the following tests:
- Duolingo English Test: 110
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) iBT: 74+
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 6.5+ and a score of at least “high advanced” on the writing proficiency portion of the test
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): 50+
If you are from a country where English is an official language or have studied extensively at an institution in which English was the primary language of instruction, no additional proof of English proficiency is required for admission evaluation.
If you attended a high school or college outside of the United States, your transcript must be evaluated through a NACES-approved agency. You cannot be admitted to Sattler College if we do not receive verification of your documents.
Sattler College has partnered with SpanTran to provide evaluations at a discounted rate. You are responsible for paying the cost of the evaluation. Click here to complete your SpanTran Evaluation. SpanTran will guide you through the entire process.
You will need the following to complete the SpanTran evaluation:
- A scan of your transcripts in their original language.
- A scan of any diplomas/degree certificates you earned in their original language.
- Certified English translations of your documents (If you do not have translations, SpanTran can also translate your documents for an additional fee. See the Translation section of this application for more details).
- A scan of your passport, driver’s license, national identification card, or similar.
- Credit/debit card for payment. SpanTran accepts all major credit and debit cards (Visa, American Express, MasterCard, etc.).
If you have already completed a transcript evaluation through another NACES-approved agency, please request a copy of that evaluation to be sent to email@example.com.
SpanTran has created a custom application for Sattler College that will make sure you select the right kind of evaluation at a discounted rate.
How to submit document evaluations through SpanTran:
- Click here to create an account.
- Follow the prompts to submit your documents for review.
- Pay the fee to complete your submission.
Application steps for transfer students
Sattler College admits transfer students for both the fall and spring semesters. Transfer students must meet the eligibility requirements for admission consideration set forth in the Admission Criteria and must follow the admission processes above. Additionally, transfer students must request their current or previous college to send official transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because of Sattler College’s unique academic and discipleship emphases, only a limited number of college credits earned at other institutions may be transferred into an incoming student’s Sattler degree program, subject to the regulations below. Sattler grants credit for work done at another college or university on an individual basis after careful evaluation.
An applicant seeking to transfer credits to Sattler is responsible to ensure that transcripts of all previous college-level work are sent directly to Sattler from the institution. Transcripts are not accepted from students. Once accepted, Sattler will evaluate the student’s transcripts for possible transfer credits. Transfer credits are accepted on a provisional basis; they do not become a part of the student’s permanent record at Sattler until the student has successfully completed one semester of resident study leading toward a degree from Sattler.
Upon completion of the credit review process, students will be notified of the decision by the Registrar. A student wishing to challenge course credits deemed ineligible for credit must file a written appeal with the registrar, who will bring the matter to the attention of the Faculty Academic Committee. Within 10 business days of receipt of the appeal, the chair of the Faculty Academic Committee will notify the student of the Faculty Academic Committee’s decision, which is final and unappealable.
If you are an international student, checkout the international students resources page for more information regarding what you need to join Sattler.